The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Procharger P1sc

So I've got a local with a used p1sc for a pretty decent price, thinking about picking it up to toss on my truck...keep things interesting for the summer

Anyway, its a reverse rotation pulley rear unit, which I would be putting on the passenger side battery tray area. I'd have to make the bracket, but thats not terrible. Its head unit only, so I need to figure out the supporting stuff seperate.

Intercooler should be easy to put together, but I need to look at my fuel system and cam to get the most out of this. Right now I'm on a single 255lph, and 39lb svo injectors. Some have said it will support it, but I'm thinking at least running a twinned 255lph gives me more fuel and redundancy just in case. Think the injectors are enough?

Currently I'm on a TSP Tsunami, 111Lsa....I think this is a bit much cam and not really set up right for forced induction...maybe trade down for a zo6 cam and some cash?

I really was going to wait on the procharger setup, but if it comes my way at a good price it might need to happen.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Procharger P1sc

39lb sounds too small. As far as the pump....seems you'd need something "boost referenced"...where the voltage increases fuel volume as need.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

in that case running something like an fmu would make more sense. varying fuel pump voltage sounds like a pita

Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
68GMCCustom

don't want to be running lean in the upper rpm range tho when the fuel pumps not keeping up......

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy

Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
68GMCCustom

Seem AEM's new "Fail Safe" gauge? Measure's a/f while also looking at manifold air pressure...and provides a "solution" output so that when things go lean...it activates something you've preset it to do.....while logging too. Pretty cool.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...safe-gauge-84/

The 4 channel UEGO's are cool too. Takes 2...but then you can monitor every cylinders a/f.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

that uego is sweet, I had one in my srt4 and that thing was tits.

with twin 255's, at line pressure I can't see myself running out of fuel...unless its the injectors that can't keep up. These are svo ford blue injectors listed at 39, but they run closer to 42 at our system pressure. I'm on the fence about going to 60's, but if I do that then I can run them scaled down, and have enough injector to keep up if I were to go past the p1 to a d1 or larger.

I gotta go see the unit later today, if I can get her at the right price it might be fun to build my own setup...since the positioning we are using isn't normal in any truck kit.

Is anyone on here running a procharger? I remember a couple turbo 5.3's/

Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
68GMCCustom

My tuner hooked my intake setup up with 50lb (could be 20's for all I know ) injectors. He said that should hold me thru a few upgrades.

Just make sure the bearings and turbine are in good shape...especially if its an externally oiled unit where you can't check the reservoir.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Problem with boost is it counter acts fuel pressure. You try spraying fuel at 58psi into a manifold that has 10psi inside it, you end up with an effective fuel pressure of 48psi. Most run a referenced fuel press reg to counter this. You can just compensate for this in the tune, but you run out of injector way faster at 48psi than you would at the full 58. Just some thoughts.

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

would I have to change to a different fuel rail, since my truck intake has the return style rail with on-board fpr.....then just run the boost referenced fpr on that rail like the car setup would?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
would I have to change to a different fuel rail, since my truck intake has the return style rail with on-board fpr.....then just run the boost referenced fpr on that rail like the car setup would?
Good question...... I dunno. I do know the guys making big power convert to return style so you're one step ahead there.
Posted via Mobile Device

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
CROWN

Well coming from a ex 4th gen camaro owner, if im not mistaken if the procharger is a reverse rotation it would mount on the drivers side. Secondly i would just run another intank walbro 255 thats boost referenced by a hobbs switch.
CROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Notch1988

How was your truck tuned originally?
If it was me, I'd borrow a MAP sensor from a Cobalt SS and buy HP Tuners and get the thing tuned for the supercharger.

Link to my build:
My GMC Project
Notch1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

notch, the truck was tuned with hp tuners, and to switch to forced induction we may most likely go with a SD tune so the map won't benefit me I don't think.

Crown- its a revers rotation, impeller forward; as long as the impeller is being spun in the correct direction, it does not matter on which side of the motor the head unit sits. The plan is to put it in the batter tray area on the passenger side, which would keep the impeller forward and spinning the right way. The price is right for me to try and make a custom bracket it should be worth it, if not I'll just sell it.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
code4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
notch, the truck was tuned with hp tuners, and to switch to forced induction we may most likely go with a SD tune so the map won't benefit me I don't think.

Crown- its a revers rotation, impeller forward; as long as the impeller is being spun in the correct direction, it does not matter on which side of the motor the head unit sits. The plan is to put it in the batter tray area on the passenger side, which would keep the impeller forward and spinning the right way. The price is right for me to try and make a custom bracket it should be worth it, if not I'll just sell it.
My turbo rat is running the stock truck return style intake, 72 Pound injectos, and a second walbro that kicks in at 5#'s of boost. Works great.

I would throw in a 2 bar map sensor & upgrade to a 2 bar OS with HP Tuners. It' the best way IMO.
code4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

well he backed out on the deal, so for now its on hold. I still plan to go FI but unless another good deal comes around, I'll wait patiently and take care of a few other priorities on the truck.