The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
Restomod

Re: anyone used ALUMA CLEAR ?

I do remember reading that now that you bring it up. If I remember correctly, there were a lot of steps that you had to follow when you use that for it to work correctly. Maybe not, I just remember it being one of those things that appeared to be too good to be true. Personally, I don't mind polishing as long as I get a good result. What I plan on doing is in 30 days applying the car wax and see how that holds up over the summer. If they dull right back up again, I'll let everyone know and give the clear coat a try next year. It's all a learning process! It's nice to have some good folks to bounce these types of things off of. Everyone seems to have some pretty good idea's on this thread.
Restomod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #27
Restomod

Re: anyone used ALUMA CLEAR ?

I do remember reading that now that you mention it. At the time I blew it off as one of those too good to be true things. I'm gonna go with waiting 30 days and then applying the wax and see how that works. If they dull back down before the end of summer I'll let you guys know. It's nice to have some people to bounce idea's off of. Everyone on this thread has good input.
Restomod is offline   Reply With Quote