The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
butch86

euro style headlights ???????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-97-Chevy-...2c1ca8&vxp=mtr

i saw these on ebay and was wondering if yall knew where to get these in a quality peice?

also if anyone has any pics of there square with these installed. it more than likely not gonna matter anyway seeing how i am planning to put a full phantom grill on my truck. i am looking for something brighter. i live in BFE mississippi and have a long dark 15 mile 2 lane road to my house. i just wanna know if yall know what kinda lumes these type headlights really give off
Old 05-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: euro style headlights ???????

The black headlights suck with out the chrome in the headlight you have no light reflection.A good h4 headlight swap with the relays will do just fine just stay away from the black ones if you want lights that work.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Stew_Magoo
Account Suspended

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Stew_Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I would not consider buying any aftermarket light with out getting a first hand look at their capability. There is so much junk out there, its a good bet your going to end up with poor lighting that looks great but won't get the job done.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
butch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I would not consider buying any aftermarket light with out getting a first hand look at their capability. There is so much junk out there, its a good bet your going to end up with poor lighting that looks great but won't get the job done.

thats the reason behind asking here. i was hoping to find someone here who had a great set. the ones i refered to on ebay look like the very cheapest knock offs they could find. i know someone has been suckered into buying these. i just dont know if they are here.

personally i want to see a quality video from a member or 3rd party not the seller or company sellig them. i am more than likely gonna have to see them in person to buy a set.

you have to admit it wouldnt take alot to have better lighting than what our oem 25+yo trucks have in them.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
TheApocalyptican

First off...gotta get chrome like andrewmp6 said. Second, you don't want the fake "projector" lights. If you want top quality lights...go with hella. If you want good quality (imo) get some autopals off of ebay. I can get you the sellers name where I get mine from. The ones the guy on ebay sells are available in either a fluted lens or a clear lens. Depends on the look you are after.

Two of these would be what I am running.With these, and these for bulbs. I like them as they are a metal reflector with glass lens, unlike a lot of the cheaper ones which are plastic housing with either glass or plastic lens.Also have the system relayed to handle the 100w bulbs. Light output is yellow (which some don't like) but nice and bright. Also have mine set up so that all 4 lights are on in high beam mode.

Last edited by TheApocalyptican; 05-20-2012 at 05:45 PM.
TheApocalyptican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
ghettoluxury

I am running 08 jeep wrangler headlights and love them.

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote