The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
69GWC

Talking Parts came in.

Good day today my parts are rolling in.
I orderd a Detroit TrueTrac locker, new pinion/ring gear and a master rebuild kit, 2.5" lift from Skyjacker, 4 new Skyjacker shocks and a steering shock, a drop pittman arm, new rear drums, pads, wheel clylinders, springs, adjusters and brake lines. should keep me busy this weekend

Bad thing is my rear blocks and spring bushings had to come from a different place and might not make it here this week so putting on the lift might have to wait.

Next will be the front diff install with new brakes, master cylinder and power booster so it will stop better or like it should.

Then Iam off to figure out why the 4wd on the TC (T221) is not working and hope its something simple I can replace or fix without having to swap in a different model.
Then to take off the single plane high rise intake and 750 Holley DP and install the dual plane and 600 Holley with my Jet coated headers I all ready had. Motor is pretty much stock and not sure why someone would have put this high rise (plus spacer) intake and huge 750 dp on it..lol

Once all thats done should be a very reliable truck..lol

69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Re: Parts came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GWC View Post
Good day today my parts are rolling in.
I orderd a Detroit TrueTrac locker, new pinion/ring gear and a master rebuild kit, 2.5" lift from Skyjacker, 4 new Skyjacker shocks and a steering shock, a drop pittman arm, new rear drums, pads, wheel clylinders, springs, adjusters and brake lines. should keep me busy this weekend

Bad thing is my rear blocks and spring bushings had to come from a different place and might not make it here this week so putting on the lift might have to wait.

Next will be the front diff install with new brakes, master cylinder and power booster so it will stop better or like it should.

Then Iam off to figure out why the 4wd on the TC (T221) is not working and hope its something simple I can replace or fix without having to swap in a different model.
Then to take off the single plane high rise intake and 750 Holley DP and install the dual plane and 600 Holley with my Jet coated headers I all ready had. Motor is pretty much stock and not sure why someone would have put this high rise (plus spacer) intake and huge 750 dp on it..lol

Once all thats done should be a very reliable truck..lol

Sounds like you got lots of work to do!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
69GWC

Yeah lots of work, only part that bums me out is the TC I was bold face lied to about its working condition, but it is what it is I guess.
I will get all this done and have a very solid truck .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
69GWC

Had a good day got the rearend all rebuild all new bearing brakes, locker and gears then installed the 2" lift blocks and new shocks.
Still have to bleed the brakes and hook up the drive shaft , I have to swap out the front yoke or get new ujoint cup clamps because the ones on a 69 or different then on a 72.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

There should be a conversion u joint for this....I should have a number for it around here.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
69GWC

I just swapped out the yoke on the diff so Iam good to go on that.
Can't get the brakes to bleed out though, can't even get hardly any fluid to come out and the pedal is just dead feeling. It had fine brakes before I took the line off but has zero brakes now...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Sounds like a tripped prop valve..they should bleed once you recenter it.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
69GWC

Not sure how to reset the prop valve but I did Finaly got some brakes back so I can drive it now..
Few weeks and I will be swapping in the front diff with disc brakes and buying a new prop valve,master cylinder and booster anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device