The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Flint70step

Thinking about buying this truck,what do y'all think?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3188664380.html
I found this truck on CL and it looks very nice and I have talked with the owner.They have had it since 1980 and it had a camper on it most of its life.What really has me going on this truck is that I also found a swb bed and frame to turn this truck into a nice swb original paint truck.I'm working a deal on the short frame and bed atm.http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3177808093.html
If this all works out I could have a very nice truck for not much coin.Let me know what y'all think and wish me luck!!

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Thinking about buying this truck,what do y'all think?

Sounds like a plan! Good luck.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
71swb4x4

If you are expecting the paint on the short bed to match the paint on the long bed I think the chance is fairly slim.

Having $4,700 into a truck that has to be put together seems a bit much, there will undoubtably be many more expenses that come up as you tear things apart and start to put it back together. Hopefully you could get both for less than the asking prices, and of course you should have a few parts to sell.

I would be leary of the deal at those prices, but it's certainly worth looking further into.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Flint70step

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
If you are expecting the paint on the short bed to match the paint on the long bed I think the chance is fairly slim.

Having $4,700 into a truck that has to be put together seems a bit much, there will undoubtably be many more expenses that come up as you tear things apart and start to put it back together. Hopefully you could get both for less than the asking prices, and of course you should have a few parts to sell.

I would be leary of the deal at those prices, but it's certainly worth looking further into.
I know it won't be a perfect paint match but it will be close.I definitely will not be paying asking price as I love to haggle and have some items trade.I have a sbc mini blower(142 ci I think) with two side draft two barrel Mikuni carbs that hang over the valve covers to sell so I can offset the cost of the truck.Also I'm just getting the swb frame and fleet bed for under a grand so that helps too.Still trying to work everything out.Even if I just end up with the long bed truck its still a nice truck.

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

I will agree that $3,200 bucks is a bit steep for that truck. $1,500 is more like it.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote