The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Gator Alum

Bearings, King Pins, and Master Cylinders Oh My.....

Long story short... it seems as though overnight my truck developed this TERRIBLE wobble where the steering wheel shakes back and forth. Yes I need new tires, but after further inspection my front wheels rock back and forth, top to bottom... So... I need to replace/shim some king pins... I need to read up on this process.

Second, my master cylinder blew out, no brakes whatsoever... Man what a long day... All just to get the truck up and running for the nice weather.

So that brings me to my dilemma... I would like to have some dual reservoir master cylinder for some safety. I also figured I might as well upgrade to tapered roller bearings while I'm fixing the king pin issue. Does anyone make a bracket to add a simple dual reservoir master cylinder in the stock frame mount location? In the future, I'd like to move towards disc brakes in the front. I've considered biting the bullet and going with this kit from CPP. New bearings, discs, brackets and master cylinder with booster. I don't necessarily need/want the booster though. It also says it may interfere with transmission cross member. Does anyone have insight to that?

As always, you all have an immense amount of knowledge and any help is appreciated.
Gator Alum is offline   Reply With Quote