The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
NoShine68

New guy here from Ohio

Hey everyone, my name is Dustin. I'm in Eastern Ohio, right on the border with PA. I just bought a 1968 C10, swb stepside. I'm 33, been working on cars for about 18 years, been wrenching since I lost my training wheels. My dad has always been into Harleys, and needless to say they are always needing worked on, so my brother and I learned early how to become mechanically inclined. I grew up with him burning tire in his 72' Buick Skylark, and pretty much anything else that he had at the time that would.

I'm new to this brand, I owned a 2000 ZR2 Blazer for a short while, then an 86' K10 which I planned on building into a toy but now I'm parting it out (anyone need anything?). So, building this 68' will be a big, big learning experience for me. I've pretty much owned Mopars, my first car being a 72' Dart Swinger (that I just sold last year, after 17 years!), and I've had a ton of others. My other project is a 1973 Dart Sport 340, that I built a 422 stroker sb for, and unfortunately, the car is a basket-case. I've built Oldsmobile 455s, big and small block mopars, and worked on pretty much everything, except for Chevy. I'm not the typical brand-loyal guy, I think all of them have pros and cons, and I'm too curious not to work on any certain kind.

Plans for the truck include removing the 250 (at least, I think that is what it is. Haven't checked nor do I know what to check! lol.) and dropping in a 400 that I bought for the 86'. I'm going to lower it, fix some rust (ok, alot of rust), restore the interior (in the process changing the color and adding some things it doesn't have), spray it satin black, and just have fun with it.

Get ready, because I'm going to have lots of questions for you guys.
NoShine68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
jayman68
Fun Stuff

Re: New guy here from Ohio

Welcome and Good luck with the project!

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
spatz

Re: New guy here from Ohio

welcome to the board from michigan. good luck on the project.
spatz is offline   Reply With Quote