The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
DoubleL

"De-wiring" my '66 cluster lights issue

I am finally tackling my wiring on the inside. I have all cheap aftermarket gauges (half of which weren't hooked up or wired improperly) a crappy AM/FM cassette (which they cut into the dash to install) and a top of the line (insert sarcasm) Realistic 40 watt booster and equalizer. I've removed everything and the associated rats nest of wires.
I am eventually going with a full gauge cluster that I will be custom building with air pressure and a clock but for now have restored a "lights" cluster to install until my new full gauge cluster is done.
I installed the new cluster and everything worked great except the dash lights that illuminate the cluster. I even plugged in my old cluster and can't get them to work either. They worked fine before. Since everything else (warning lights, fuel gauge,turn signals) work is this a headlight switch issue? My headlights work fine.
If anyone is interested I can post pics tonight of all the cool stuff I removed and my new cleaner interior. Right now I am headed back out to start putting things back together.
DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
DoubleL

Re: "De-wiring" my '66 cluster lights issue

Fixed it! It was just a gremlin
Here are some pics of what I pulled out and some "after" interior pics but couldn't find any good "before" ones.
Attached Images

DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote