The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
KyFarm

Yokohama Geolandar

Went to the tire store today to pick-up a set to BFG A/T in 32 x 11.5 x 15 for the K-10. It seems that this tire has been on a national back-order since August - dang.

Guy quoted me some Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, basically the same price.

Does anybody have any experience with these? All I have ever run on my trucks are BFGs

Thanks

1969 K-10, Short Step, (383HT/4L70E soon)-NP205
KyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
69GWC

Re: Yokohama Geolandar

I had a set on my 05 I just sold, now i just drove it on the road as it was lowered but they are real good tires and work great in snow and on wet pavement.
They also wear great I had atleast 15,000 on them if not more and they still looked new.
They dont have quite the same look as the BFGs though but good tires none the less.
Posted via Mobile Device
69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

And the flip side..... a buddy (and co-worker) had Yokohama Geolandars on his 4x4 Tundra (2006, I believe, the last of the smaller Tundras) and was not happy with them after getting stuck in the snow in another friend's driveway. Before you ask, he has a lot of 4WD experience as well as in snow. He also complained about them wearing out pretty quickly, though I can't recall how many miles they lasted. Seems like it was around 20K miles.

He replaced them with BFG All Terrains a couple years ago and couldn't be happier with them.

A suggestion, if you don't mind. With BFGs backordered, have you considered General Grabber AT2s? I haven't used them but a lot of people seem to like them. They're also cheaper than BFGs. Speaking of which, those Yokohamas should be a lot cheaper than BFGs.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
weever82

I had three sets of them on my Nissan Xterra before I sold it. They were great all around tires. Didn't slip to much in the rain and worked good in the snow. They weren't as loud on the highway as the MT's and Grabblers either. Mine were 80% in town and about 20% when I hunted with it. Never popped a tire in all the miles of trails I took that poor SUV through either. I would recommend for an all purpose tire anyday.

Weev-

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
GMCJOE

I use retreads on my vehicles when I can. But that's for the ones that get AT's or Mud Terrains. Check out www.treadwright.com

Don't remember if they offer the exact size you are looking for. But they have the BFG AT's tread design. And I had a set of a truck I sold with 35-40k of miles on them, didn't look like they had any wear on them. They don't round on the edges like the BFG's either. Highly recommend them.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
GMCJOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
A suggestion, if you don't mind. With BFGs backordered, have you considered General Grabber AT2s? I haven't used them but a lot of people seem to like them. They're also cheaper than BFGs. Speaking of which, those Yokohamas should be a lot cheaper than BFGs.
One tire I will never recommend to anyone is the General Grabbers AT2's. I put about 20k miles on a set, and was time to change them out. A lot of town and highway miles, and some light off road. They rubber they use is way too soft. That's when I changed out to the retreads I mention in my last post on here.

I looked on there, they don't have that size you are looking for. 31 10.5 15's they offer, but they are always on back order because of the demand to casing ratio they have. Took me about a month to get them after I ordered them by phone.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
turp mcspray

I have a set on my wifes 2000 suburban. I have 40,000 miles on them. I live about 2 miles down a gravel road. Not normal gravel, but big, jagged, destroy your vehicle and tires, kind of gravel. They are about due for replacement. I have no complaints, and would use them again!
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote