The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
LEEVON

Project "Yetti" 87 GMC short bed

Meet Yetti. Yetti was born in 1987 at the Janesville, WI plant and shipped to California where it was stolen off of the dealer's lot. After it was recovered, it was sold to Phil by his brother, a salesman at the dealership. It moved with Phil to Ozark, Missouri in 1993 where it lived an easy life. Phil recently decided to let it go after years of badgering by a fellow truck nut whom I know and it wound up in my driveway. So I'm the second owner of record. This is a driver, and Phil took care of it like he would have it forever. I will be meeting with him soon to get some more history. Here is my intro thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=549870

My plans are to drive it, everyday and it's completely capable. I haven't driven a more solid 25 year old truck ever. In fact, the day I got Yetti, my wife began driving the kids around in him since her ride was in the body shop. He didn't skip a beat or leak a drop. She was perfectly comfortable, which is saying alot because she has a decked out '09 Suburban. Yetti has a TBI 350, 700R4, power locks, windows, cruise, tilt and push button digital radio. The engine and trans were replaced fairly recently and the suspension, brakes and steering are as tight as the day it was delivered. No wind noise, squeaks, rattles, or wobbles.

Short term:
  • clean/repair driver's seat belt retractor
  • repair/paint crust bubbles down low
  • tint 35% sides and back plus windshield strip
  • lower 5.5/6-ish
  • smaller tires, maybe 255's?
  • dash pad (having it covered by member crsweet91)
Long term:
  • 20'' wheels; Eagle 225, TT2's, Coy's, etc. style
  • Sway bars
  • Sport bumper
  • Sound system
  • Sound deadening
  • Interior clean-up (seat cover, carpet, small things)
  • Engine bay detail
  • Replace bedsides with GM steel
  • Paint? It doesn't need it but black and silver gets me excited

If you're looking for a fast-action, cut-and-chop, whiz-bang, SEMA bound build this ain't it. But I will make this truck mine!
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 11-08-2012 at 11:35 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote