The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
69Villa

Wich Way Should I Go

Well hey guys new to the forum just bought a 69 chevy c10 for 800 bucks running good and everything here is my problem im having right now .
-Need some convincing on wich way to go either airbag or doing a lil autocross lowered setup.
-Wat Color Of truck i should paint it i really hate black now since my daily is black n it gets dirty right after i wash it HATE IT still nice tough.
well guys really appreciate and here are some pics of the truck posted them up in my welcome section also
Attached Images

Finally back from afghanistan
Stationed in Fort Riley Kansas
69Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
chopnchaneled

Re: Wich Way Should I Go

Welcome and Thanks for your service.
How long before you come back to the world?
painting my stepper white, better in the summer reflecting heat from the sun.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
69Villa

Thank u chopnchaneled n i should be in kansas round february no set date yet and i should be back in texas in march.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopnchaneled View Post
painting my stepper white, better in the summer reflecting heat from the sun.
I was thinking the same thing especially with this texas heat man but idk yet still leaning towards either white or just any of the lighter colors
Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Shyguy

We just finished a build on my '67 swb stepper and let me tell you that many things changed along the way from my original vision. It turned out great and I really like the results.

First you need to decide what you what to use your truck for.

You will have to also figure out what you have to spend.

It is important to make sure your truck runs good and is safe above all unless it is just a continuing project.

The color is really a personal preference and can be decide nearer the end of the build.

I changed my mind at least a couple of times during the build, but in the end the truck is painted bright white with an orange interior and orange racing stripes on the hood.

Even though the build is done there are still small things that I will be doing, I am afraid these trucks are never done as long as you keep them.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
BuiltwithIvy

I personally disagree with some of what shyguy had to say (no offense). But the first part is dead on, decide exactly what you want, do you want a cruiser for the weekends? Daily driver? show truck? all of these things should be considered for both suspension and the entire build. Do you want the rockers on the ground at stop, its all personal preference, Dark greys are nice to look good in the sun and don't show a lot of dirt. But I like dark colors in general. If you want to stand out, go bright, find a nice interior quality that matches or contrasts depending on your personal tastes, building is the fun part, making decisions is not, I always like to start with the plan, and build accordingly, if you have some extra money, talk to someone who can draw and have them make some sketches, or hire a professional to design it based on personal preferences. my 2 cents anyways, everyone takes a different approach. Thank you for your service, and good luck with the build
"To speak of the art of one loom, the art of one river, the art of one tractor, or the art of one automobile is not preposterous; it is to point to the size and importance of the gap between general knowledge and situated knowledge" - James C. Scott
1969 C10 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=492064
1930 Tudor Sedan
BuiltwithIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
69Villa

thank u guys for the info the truck will probably a weekend cruiser n well yea really tought about it n looks like bagging the truck will be the way to go since it will be just be a cruiser i really like the white color on the trucks also so looks like white paint will be the way to go also 5.3l 08 v8 will be going in since i got off of a friend for 250 bucks but traded some stuff too with him well thank u allot guys and build thread will come out in a couple months gotta start looking at all the stuff i wanna buy n i should be calling porterbuilt n kp links some time soon
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
BuiltwithIvy

looks like you have a plan after all mazda has a white pearl on their new speed3's that looks pretty nice, and its a factory color which means you can find it a lot cheaper
"To speak of the art of one loom, the art of one river, the art of one tractor, or the art of one automobile is not preposterous; it is to point to the size and importance of the gap between general knowledge and situated knowledge" - James C. Scott
1969 C10 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=492064
1930 Tudor Sedan
BuiltwithIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
hugger6933

Stay away from the pearls if you are a stay at home painter!! you will hate it and if you ever need a touch up you are screwed big time. I know from experiance I own a body shop. Now if you are doing the work yourself find a lighter color so the imperfections won't show as easily, if sending it out it may save a few bucks going with a lighter color for the same reason. Thank you for your service to our countryYou are doing what you do so that we can do what we enjoy and my hope is that we as a country don't forget it. Thanks again and may GOD deliver you home safe. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
69Villa

ill probably go with the white off of the 07+ chevy silverados i really like that n its one of the whitest whites ive seen
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Tinkermc

well it looks like a parts truck bit a little paint would change that. Welcome to the forum and we thank u for your service, get home safely
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote