The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
nele22

Black wire off of min gauge harness

All,

I just pulled my dash to clean it up a bit. I noticed that the main harness that plugs into the gauges is clipped and not connected. What gives? Where does it go?

Also my gas gauge is not giving me a readout. Should I check anything behind the dash?

Thanks in advance.
nele22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Black wire off of min gauge harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nele22 View Post
All,

I just pulled my dash to clean it up a bit. I noticed that the main harness that plugs into the gauges is clipped and not connected. What gives? Where does it go?

Also my gas gauge is not giving me a readout. Should I check anything behind the dash?

Thanks in advance.
I think we need a little more info here. What year truck do you have? Is there a printed circuit board? What else besides the gas gauge does not work? Do the indicators for the turn signals and high beams work. Does the amp gauge work, if you have one? How about the lights in the cluster? The speedo and oil pressure gauge do not need power to work. When you say "clipped", do you mean the connector is cut off of the harness?

Does the black wire you refer to have an eyelet? It may be the ground for the cluster. Does the gas gauge read way past full? If so, it is not grounded correctly.

Last edited by TBONE1964; 12-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
nele22

Re: Black wire off of min gauge harness

Good call. All gauges work. It's a 69 with circuit strip. All the lights on the dash seem to operate.
Posted via Mobile Device
nele22 is offline   Reply With Quote