The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
walker

Ins appraisal low, what now??

Well I got a call from state farm ins today and they finally got thier sorry butts over to look at my truck, a '67 C-10 lwb. They offered me $3485 if I keep the truck. The body shop estimate came in at $6500. The damage to the truck is:d/s front fender/inner fender, tire/wheel, bumper/brackets, grill/trim, hood, radiator/core support, d/s a-arms/spindle, power steering ram/tie rods, d/s bedside, p/s dent in bedside. That is the basic list of parts that need to be replaced. I went through some catalogs and came up with a rough figure of $3500 in parts if I bought all new stuff. I have some of those parts at home, a bumper,fender, fender well, side trim, hood(dent in the front middle).
I spoke with an appraiser today and he told me that the trucks vaule can be between $4000 and $8000. It only had 86k miles on it, big back window, a/c,p/s,p/b,no rust,
So, what do I do? Do I acept thier offer and make the best of it? Or do I hire and appriaser and take state farm to arbitration? Either way I am out of a car, as they said that now that they have told me of thier offer they want the rental car returned.
I am very frustrated with this as I miss my truck and want it fixed. If I fix it myself it is going to take some time and I will have to get somthing else to drive to work(80 mi round trip). Or I could finish fixing my '67 Scout(needs a new head and emission test)
Thanks for letting me get this off of my chest, any help is appreciated, Andy
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote