The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
burnin oil

Re: Quick intake question

Simple solution to your problem is to pop the valve cover off and remove the baffle plate. Shouldn't hurt a thing. Mine never drained slow so I am guessing that yours is full of sludge. Pretty common in older motors. Factory 4 barrel intakes arnt that bad for a stock/RV cammed motor. That said the old fill tube in the intake motors are cast different. When you pop the intake off you can see where the oil keeps going down. Also every early motor I pulled apart had a vent tube assembly at the rear of the block in the lifter valley. Swapping intakes is not a problem though. No front oil tube intakes that are an improvement over the factory cast iron intake are available to my knowledge. Only retro pieces designed around 283/327 motors back in the 50s and 60s. Even the old tri-powers didn't flow all that well in reality. Face it, the front fill tube died when they redesigned the small block back in the early 60's. They sure do have a cool factor though!
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote