The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #476
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Re: My Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevario99 View Post
Thanks Twiggy, I will get the same harness as yours, save me a few 100's. My son is 14, so I told him, that if he helps me built the truck it will be his, this way he has to earn it, plus he will appreciate it more.
Working on these old trucks is an easy way to learn a lot about vehicles. If I were to open the hood of my '94 K5 before I had ever tried anything on an older vehicle I would be lost. Plus he gets a cool old truck to drive and enjoy without having to pay like crazy.

Also, I'm really liking the Shark and Dolphin gauges that EZ Wiring has and might get a set to replace my dash as I get closer to that time.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #477
losthope

Twiggy Ive been following your thread for awhile now and really enjoy it, it is looking really good,but whats going on?? no updates is starting to scare me, hope all is good on your end?

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #478
TwiggyTheDrummer

Honestly there hasn't been a whole lot going on with it right now. I'm planning on ordering a good hood out from Arizona after the first of the year. I have been working on the wiring but it's been a slow, tedious process. Once I have a different hood on it the exterior will be ready and all that I really have left to do is the interior and the audio system. I'm really wanting to get it done soon though because my daily driver is at about 350,000 miles without any rebuilds and I want to go through it before I end up having to. So I'm hoping that it can be finished sometime during the spring of next year.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 11-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #479
TwiggyTheDrummer

Planning to do some work on the truck tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a good jump on the wiring and get this thing running again. I'll get some pictures if I get enough accomplished to even show.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #480
losthope

right on ill keep a eye out! Getting something small done is better then nothing i always say!

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #481
1963c-10

Great work and a nice looking truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #482
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthope View Post
right on ill keep a eye out! Getting something small done is better then nothing i always say!
Definitely!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #483
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Great work and a nice looking truck
Thanks man! Hopefully I'll have it finished one day soon.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #484
1burb2many

Very nice. I too have a 63 gmc shortbrd fleet side. It is in need of restoration and it has those same valve covers. I can't seem to find the true story behind the plaid covers? Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device
1burb2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #485
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1burb2many View Post
Very nice. I too have a 63 gmc shortbrd fleet side. It is in need of restoration and it has those same valve covers. I can't seem to find the true story behind the plaid covers? Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device
You'll find several different stories online regarding those valve covers. A few are even from past GM employees but none of them seem to be confirmed. I kind of like the mystery that surrounds them because it adds to the unusualness.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #486
mahto

what offset are your rims as the rims i like one set is +.35 the other set +.45 still staying with 6 lug as cant do dissk yet thanks
mahto is offline   Reply With Quote