The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
luvbowties

Wink Re: Opinions on Engine Color? Orange or Gold

I thoroughly enjoyed driving my truck for ~3-4 years just about everywhere I went--including church, business meetings, out to dinner. Had the underhood 'popping', as some say; had the interior comfy, pretty, & safe w/shoulder belts exiting the 2005 seat-tops. The mechanics were quite modernized, in looks, in performance, in ease of operation, and in dependability. The new carpet and interior upgrades were easy to keep the inside nice enough for any passenger I 'invited' to ride with me.

Since October(paint-time!) I have mostly enjoyed looking at it sitting in my garage, driving it only occasionally as I'm cautious about getting the beautiful, new paint flawed somehow. Mine looked quite good in its natural, original skin. But it did not come really close to the looks of yours in its apparent original state.

Said all this to make one distinct point: one does not see these 60's trucks looking solid and original at the same time very often. Personally, I think 2 trucks should be in your stable--one to resto-mod to show quality to be attracting to the eyes. The other, this present one, to have all the comforts and looks of up-to-date specs under the hood, under the frame, AND inside the cab...but with the 'easy-on-the-eyes', almost timid outside appearance it now commands, while you stop at times, while driving by yourself, to allow yourself to get out and laugh up your sleeve.

That outside look you now have is only there once--and disappears for good the minute someone aims a paint gun at it.

Wouldn't it be great to have just enough $ to make these idealistic dreams a reality?

Enjoy your ride. Sounds like it's yours. I'm happy for you to be blessed in having access to such enjoyable material possessions, even if merely for a finite time!

Did I ask if you ever pondered over what color to paint that Olds engine?

Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote