The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Spnknu

Spnknu's 72 on air with an LSx

1972 C-10 step-side 350/350 setup with a 12 bolt rear end. Day i brought her home.

Cab corners and rockers are gone. Luckily a rust free cab came with the truck in the purchase so no need to worry about replacing that stuff.

Few weeks after purchasing the truck and doing burnouts in the local neighborhood I found a set of mint 67 front fenders and doors.

Days later I found a 72 short fleet side bed that was in ok shape and picked that up as well. Not really a fan of the step side and didn't want to cut it up for bags either.

sizing up the bed

taking the steps off.

powerwashing the frame and yes i have a mohawk

couldn't stand the papa surf paint so i got out the rattle can and some funyuns.

Found a new powerplant on CL as I have a cam, lifters, springs and rods for it.

Ripped off the front clip and power washed the frame.

Its current state is the last picture. I waiting to pull the cab, motor and trans and sand blasting my frame for powdercoat.

Plans are currently:

- bag it with Porterbuilt DM & Arms, SS7's, 4-link with an Accuair e-level system laying frame on 22" Coys
- 5.3/4L60E swap with LS6 intake/heads, cam, springs, lifters & rockers, flat top pistons and a tune. Looking for 400hp at the wheels if I can do it without breaking the bank
- shave marker lights, tailgate and gas tank

Object is to have a solid driver/cruiser I can take to shows, drive daily and just cruise around in.

Currently in research/tear down phase right now. I'll try and post pictures as I go. Any suggestions, compliments or questions are openly accepted.
Spnknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Spnknu

Re: Spnknu's 72 on air with an LSx

Haven't updated in awhile, got a bug to work on the truck and made some progress. Finished pulling the cab and everything. Pulling the motor, trans & core support tomorrow. Getting the frame cleaned up this week and off to the sand blaster. Ordering my dropmember from Porterbuilt as soon as I can figure out shipping the thing up here. Hopefully having the frame back together and mocked up for powedercoating by the end of October.

Having a forklift with 8 foot forks helps pulling the cab by yourself.

No turning back now...

I found a 67/68 C20 LWB sitting by my parents house. Meeting with the owner this week to see if he wants to get rid of it. I'm in need of the grille & core support as I'm going with a 67/68 front clip as my mint fenders are from a 67.

Any insight or comments are always appreciated, its hard to stay motivated as I'm already busy with work & school. Until next time...

Last edited by Spnknu; 10-01-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Any updates?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Spnknu

Frame is now just a roller. Motor and transmission came out the last couple of days of slowly working on it. Got the core support out as well and I'm waiting for a day to power wash the frame and start tearing it apart for the dropmemeber. Left my camera at work over the weekend so no pictures, but will get some soon.

Later
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
nuke1

You have gotten some super sweet parts there. And a awesome Mohawk! Lol my son will get one of those soon. Can't wait for more.
Posted via Mobile Device
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
67c10rustbuket

Great start!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Spnknu

Whew, haven't updated this in awhile. Ironically nothing has really changed, been distracted with other projects but I should post some progress on the truck(s).

Pulled the truck into my shop to remove the engine and transmission.

got about that far and stopped, ran out of steam as I need to get the frame sandblasted and parts order and just plan ran out of money too.

After a few months of the frame just sitting in the shop I got a bug to work on placing my 5.3 in the frame rails and start mocking up what I could as I waited on funds and parts to show up. While wading through craigslist I found a 1969 SWB project listed for $1000 with no pictures....well I went to go look at it as it was $1000 and it couldn't be that bad. Well I showed up with cash in hand, made an offer after awhile struck a deal and called the tow truck to haul it to my shop.

Here she is sitting on the wrecker waiting for a spot in the shop.

Again out of money and time the two truck sat and not much happened in the mean time. But another bug bit me to work on the trucks now and I was back looking on craigslist for parts for my 5.3 and newly acquired 69. This is when I found what is now my 6.0/4L80E combo for my 72. My brother actually found it and was suppose to pick it up while I was out of town but you know how that works out when people are suppose to do things for ya. Well short story is that I picked it up when I got back in town. The package came with advance adapters motor mounts and flex plate to mate up to the older transmission.

My new power plant being loaded into my box van to be transported home.

Once I got the motor home, the 69 had been sitting in my shop for quite some time. Now broke again I actually decided to stay off craigslist and turn some wrenches on these trucks I acquired. One long night I was able to gut the cab, pull the remaining parts of the front clip off and get the motor and trans ready to be pulled.

After I separated the cab from the frame I decided to take a break and plan on what I wanted to do with both trucks now that I've acquired some serious amount of parts (and trucks for that matter). I needed to start doing something with them.

I guess this have changed from one truck build to two and will keep updating as such. The 69 will be getting the 5.3 LM7 i purchased early on in my build and the 72 will get the 6.0 setup. Hopefully have the 69 running and under its own power in the next few months as I plan on building it as a daily "budget" driver as I build one of my dream trucks out of my 72 or whatever truck I end up buying down the road. Sorry for the long update as its been awhile and yeah, you know how it goes.

Happy Wrenchin'
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #8
slamed67

well what have you done with them?
slamed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #9
502ms

cool. subscribed....any updates?