The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
67Monster

Unique Door Popper question

Been reading this forum for some time as I've been steadily seeking to acquire a truck to start working with.

Well, the wife went and bought one that I was looking over last weekend. No engine or transmission, but very solid 68 swb. So, my 67Monster login will have to be ignored. 68 will have to do.

So, as my first post, I'd like to have someone help me understand how to approach a feature that I'd like to incorporate into the truck. Here are the basics:

Doors will be shaved.
I want power door locks with the truck. (aka remote kit - no biggie)
I do NOT want the popper running through the keyless remote. (hence, no remote popper kit)
I have designed some custom chevy bowtie emblems that act like a "button".
Of course - Manual opening, without popper, from inside the cab.

By using solenoids/relays, please help me to understand how I can make this button activate the door popper ONLY when the truck is unlocked. If the truck is locked, the button will not close/open the circuit to the popper.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 67Monster; 03-13-2013 at 02:57 PM.
67Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Sammy

Re: Unique Door Popper question

"By using solenoids/relays, please help me to understand how I can make this button activate the door popper ONLY when the truck is unlocked. If the truck is locked, the button will not close/open the circuit to the popper."

Easiest way is to add a switch in the circuit in the feed wire for the selenoids. Maybe a coke machine type lock with a simple on n off. Keep in mind also you should maintain a cable emergency opener for one door in case ur battery is dead due to theft or drained electrical system.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
SS Tim

Re: Unique Door Popper question

A micro-switch (or cable switch) in the door lock linkage that would enable power in the unlocked position and kill the popper relay power when the system is locked. Do it on the driver's side because that is usually the last out first in plus most remotes will open driver's then all.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote