The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
1965c1O

Re: Help verifying shop manuals for '65 c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
the 65 supp should have all the interior differences (recall 63 is the double bubble dash, completely different) - and, therefore, any different wiring, heater/ac cable routing, etc etc. That alone is reason enough to buy the supp, in my book. The reason that the 63 manual is so big (i.e. new from 60-62) is the transition from torsion bar to front coil spring susp. 64 is a cab change from 60-63 (and brought about the interior differences as well).

I had a 66, and owned the 63 fsm and 66 supp, used them both just like lugnutz said, and in the same order.

SEARCHABLE cd's are nice - but keep in mind not all are searchable. Also, the shop manuals and chassis service manuals are laid out in a logical order and it's relatively easy to find stuff, so a searchable CD is not as important to me. However, I DO wish a searchable ASSEMBLY manual was available - that thing sucks!! for organization, but it is incredibly helpful once you find the particular page you're looking for. For any truck I have owned, I buy the chassis service manual pertinent to it (and any associated supplements) and the assembly manual, even if it is disorganized...
Thanks jocko.

I'm definitely going to get the 65 supplement.

However, I found the st-22 '63 shop manual for a really, really good price!

I'm, hoping there is not a big difference between having the:

'63 st-22 + '65 supplement
vs.
'63 st-61 + '65 supplement.
1965c1O is offline   Reply With Quote