The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
landy

Door adjustment

What's reasonable gap between door edges and body panels, e.g., 1/8 in to 1/4 in or so? So how do you get a wrench on the hinge attachment bolts - surely the fenders don't have to be removed to access these bolts?

Thanks.
landy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: Door adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy View Post
What's reasonable gap between door edges and body panels, e.g., 1/8 in to 1/4 in or so? So how do you get a wrench on the hinge attachment bolts - surely the fenders don't have to be removed to access these bolts?

Thanks.
You can loosten and tighten the bolts with the fender on, if you use a wrench like this. I got mine at Harbor Freight last week, when I changed my hinge. From what I understand, tolerances weren't real tight even from the factory, so don't beat yourself up too much, trying to get it to fit like a Lexus or something

Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
SS Tim

Re: Door adjustment

The new build panel gaps and flushness specs. are in the assembly manual. The fore/aft/up/down adjustment at the hinge pillar originally used a special wrench, it looks a lot like a big "S" with a box at each end. The in/out is at the door itself. The factory service manual body section has pictures and some descriptions.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote