The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
kowboy63

Southern Coach

Anyone on here ever heard of Southern Coach? I bought a 06 Z71 for my son in 2010 that has a Southern Coach emblem on the tailgate opposite side of the Silverado emblem. Is this a GM package or a conversion company? The PO purchased the truck new from a dealership in NC.

Had camouflage fender flares, camo around the door handles & tailgate latch, camo vent visors, bug deflector & bumper trim was camo (lots of camo). The interior is basically the same as any other except the headrests are embroidered with Smokey Mountain Sportsman. We removed the camo & put the truck back to "stock", no window vent visors or bug deflector. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this.
kowboy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
nxtlevl

Re: Southern Coach

Pretty sure that's a conversion company that gets vehicles directly from the factory, and outfits them...They then turn around and ship the vehicles directly to the dealerships....
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
kowboy63

Re: Southern Coach

I hope the PO didn't pay any extra for the package, it was terrible, camo was already faded when we bought it. Too much camo anyway, the PO was an older gentleman and thought the camo was cool looking, I think he thought we bought it because of the camo.
kowboy63 is offline   Reply With Quote