The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Mr Handy

Help me choose an interior color

Just sitting here thinking about my truck and planning it out.
My current plan is to paint it medium green with white cap and maybe white rockers.
I was thinking of a white or off white interior but now I'm not sure. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get everything to match up, and what color carpet I would put with green and off white.
Recently I have been noticing that pretty much everything I would need is readily available in saddle, and I'm trying to visualize how the green/saddle combo would look.
I think Aqua interior would look stock, but would be hard to get everything to match, and would be a lot of green.
Would love to see pics if you have them, and always like to here opinions.

If I go with an easy to get color I was thinking of doing dash pad, visors, seat, carpet, arm rests, and maybe headliner. Everything else would be body color.
Mr Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
bruceman1968

Re: Help me choose an interior color

Your moving right along on your truck Mr Handy. Nice work!
Black carpet will go good with green paint and white interior. I like white interiors. Very Miami Beach. White is harder to keep clean though.
Saddle interior would look good with green paint also.
Aqua has enough blue in it to make a nice contrast with the green, I think it would look fine to. Not much help, All three are winners.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
buckskins4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Handy View Post
Just sitting here thinking about my truck and planning it out.
My current plan is to paint it medium green with white cap and maybe white rockers.
I was thinking of a white or off white interior but now I'm not sure. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get everything to match up, and what color carpet I would put with green and off white.
Recently I have been noticing that pretty much everything I would need is readily available in saddle, and I'm trying to visualize how the green/saddle combo would look.
I think Aqua interior would look stock, but would be hard to get everything to match, and would be a lot of green.
Would love to see pics if you have them, and always like to here opinions.

If I go with an easy to get color I was thinking of doing dash pad, visors, seat, carpet, arm rests, and maybe headliner. Everything else would be body color.
I honestly like the Green and Saddle color contrast.
buckskins4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
SS Tim

A lot is going to depend on what you are calling medium green. The factory medium green in a non-metalic green color that goes really well with a white interior. The medium olive green in a metallic frost green that still goes well but not as contrasty. Saddle works with both shades but again better with the green than the olive. If you do use a white interior the dash pad, column and carpet would generally be a sandlewood (light tan). The highlanders used a plaid inserted white seat to good effect with black column, dash pad and carpet. The door panels and visors were white.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Mr Handy

Wow thanks guys, giving me a lot to think about... The green I am planning to use is 518 medium green... not the metallic or olive.
My thought have been that the white would look really good, but the keeping it clean aspect didn't sound like a lot of fun... I have a tendency to get dirty sawmilling and woodworking...

I rather like the plaid but have not seen it in a color that would look right with the 518 green.
sadly I know I do not have the original bench, in fact I have no clue what the bench I have came out of, all I know is that the PO bought it at a swap meet and bolted it in.
I will either bring the bench I have to a shop and have it recovered or keep an eye out for a correct bench and have it recovered.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
bruceman1968

Mr Handy, you need a bench seat? I might be able to help with that. Invite me and Reno Keene over for a visit sometime and a correct Z52 seat and foam could show up at the same time.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Mr Handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
Mr Handy, you need a bench seat? I might be able to help with that. Invite me and Reno Keene over for a visit sometime and a correct Z52 seat and foam could show up at the same time.
Hay Bruce your more then welcome to come by my place any time. Heck pretty much anyone on the board is welcome.