The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #51
trac209

Re: Making a 67-72 more safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs409 View Post
I think that 59 Chevy test was rigged but I won't go into that.

Now, imagine your sitting at a stop light behind another vehicle in that small POS above and a truck (or anything) rear ends you at a good speed. Guess what, your a sandwich! There's no place for it to "crumple" except the space your in! Say goodbye to your legs at the very least.

I'd prefer some metal between me and the other cars. And if I had to drive anything they make today, I'd rather just walk.
I think that as well. I have a hard time thinking a full frame tank of a car folded up like that vs a lighter half plastic unibody.
Posted via Mobile Device
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #52
richards72chevy

Re: Making a 67-72 more safe.

When I was younger my dad and I where riding in a car with his friend.Back tire blew and off the cliff we went.It was 80's none of us were wearing seat belts.I was ejected out the back window and so was my dads friend.We had minor injuries.My dad was not thrown from the vehicle as it went down.He had the worse injuries but nothing too bad.If he had been wearing his seat belt his head would have been cut off.The metal sucked the seat belt up as it rolled down.When I was a teen a seat belt saved my head from going thru a wind shield.Im worry more about other drivers.Thats why im getting led 's.
richards72chevy is online now   Reply With Quote