The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
gwars1306

Re: 71 C30 future repo truck

So farwhat I've done is pulled out the stock 350/th400 and dropped in the LQ9/4L80e it is a drive by wire and so it starts up with no issues but when I give it gas there's acceleration but as I give the petal its first step before I'm able to floor it the throttle dies I mean the truck stays running but I loose acceleration so after trying to figure it out week end and week out I said forget tn is and decided to get rid of the drive by wire (electronic pedal) and go with a throttle cable and original gas pedal so I called Tom from Lt1 wiring or electric wiring.com out of Erie, Pa and told him my issue and he said send me the pcm & I'll have another one recalibrated with your correct specs and also have ready for you the correct pigtails for the new throttle so I was like cooh, Tom has done all my work in the past and was easy to deal with. I sent him my stuff 22apr2013 and spoke with him once this stuff arrive I went over with him everything from engine size and tranny to tire size and gear ratio and other important details pertaining to the build and after that all communication has stop he won't answer my calls, emails or nothing so about two weeks ago I get a email on a invoice for the $15 I owe him for shipping it back I pay it threw paypal on the 10th of may so i've been calling and emailing this guy but no response so I'll give him another week before I just chalk it up and find myself another pcm.
Posted via Mobile Device
gwars1306 is offline   Reply With Quote