The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Skunksmash

Re: Air compressor questions

Got one at pep boys on sale. $200. Had to buy it. It was in the budget and I've still got a lot of stuff left to buy like a work bench, and a bench grinder.

Don't know if its single stage or two stage. What's the difference? Its a 30 gallon 125 PSI, 120v that takes oil. Had a cool glass peek hole so you could fill to the proper oil level. I let it run for 20 min with the plug out of the tank, for a break in period. As per the instruction manual. The manual also says to take that plug out of the bottom of the tank once a week and drain the water. Never knew you had to do that with compressors.

I think I'll be fine with the 120v because I've had one before (a 26 gallon husky) and it treated me well. I kept looking on craigslist for one that suited my needs, but I never could find one. I thought that a 60 gallon would be nice, but those things are way too big for me. I just don't need that kind of power. Also I don't want it taking up so much room. I just need to deal with lug nuts, and run the air ratchet. Home garage type stuff.

Last edited by Skunksmash; 05-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote