The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
robber grin

Re: New Member and my first Truck '62

Welcome and cool 62 you have there - diggin the look.
rg
robber grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #27
kieth

The ride with air bags should actually be quite good, it may be that the PO did not install the bags in the correct position. The bags are really a air spring and as such they should be mounted so that they are at the center of their travel when the truck is at normal ride height. If the brackets were installed so the bags must be fully extended or fully collapsed at normal ride height then you will have to change the mounting brackets to allow the bags to be in the middle of their travel instead of at the extremes.
The other thing that could be the problem is the front end, I think yours is torsion bar and it could be cranked down so tight it does not have any travel. Kieth
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
firestopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
The ride with air bags should actually be quite good, it may be that the PO did not install the bags in the correct position. The bags are really a air spring and as such they should be mounted so that they are at the center of their travel when the truck is at normal ride height. If the brackets were installed so the bags must be fully extended or fully collapsed at normal ride height then you will have to change the mounting brackets to allow the bags to be in the middle of their travel instead of at the extremes.
The other thing that could be the problem is the front end, I think yours is torsion bar and it could be cranked down so tight it does not have any travel. Kieth
thanks Keith will look into that! To be honest I have never owned a vehicle with airbags so this is all new to me, learning as I go!!
firestopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
firestopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop sing View Post
aloha ,,man thats a beauty ,what's ur engine and trans combo ? does it still have the torrision bar front end w/bags ? thx bruddah aloha Hop
Thanks! Its a 350 small block with 700r trans. Added some more pic's
Attached Images

firestopper is offline   Reply With Quote