The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
DkOlive72

Another 1K3110 manual throttle thread

Hi folks,

My '72 came with the 1K3110 manual throttle, but all I have left is the knob on the dash. Shockingly, I just found and bought a NOS replacement GM throttle cable on eBay (attached is a pic) but I have two questions:

1) I still have the cable clamp and bracket down by the gas pedal, so no problem there, but I'm hoping someone can reply with a picture of what it looks like where the cable attaches to the top of the gas pedal arm? I'd like to understand if the wire from inside the cable just bends into a hook shape and onto the top of the gas pedal arm, or does it attach in a more sophisticated manner?

2) I'm missing the name bezel for the knob on the dash that says "Throttle". Does anyone have a spare one that is in good shape that they would be willing to sell?

I'm excited to get the throttle operational because I think it will be a pretty dang useful feature for warming the truck up in the winter time.

Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

DkOlive72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: Another K31 manual throttle thread

Here are a couple of pictures grabbed somewhere along the way. The name plate might be listed on the classifed board, have a look there. However to post a "WTB" (want to buy) you need to be a subscriber. Good Luck with your RPO K31 Manual Throttle project. BTW: What P/N is the cable you have?
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 06-20-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: pictures
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
cleszkie

Re: Another 1K3110 manual throttle thread

I have a manual throttle in my 72 Blazer. The cable runs from the dash knob down to a bracket on the gas pedal linkage, all within the cab of the truck. Earlier models had longer cables that ran through the firewall and connected to the throttle linkage at the carb. Your cable looks longer than mine, so you may have the earlier version. Not a problem though, you can simply trim to length if needed.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
DkOlive72

Re: Another K31 manual throttle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
Here are a couple of pictures grabbed somewhere along the way. The name plate might be listed on the classifed board, have a look there. However to post a "WTB" (want to buy) you need to be a subscriber. Good Luck with your RPO K31 Manual Throttle project. BTW: What P/N is the cable you have?
The pictures are very helpful. Thanks for that!

Cable is part number #1992732, group #3.481. The listing said it fit 68-74 trucks and I figured it looked pretty close to the pictures I've seen on the forum, so thought I could make it work. I actually still have the shaft part mounted in the dash. It's like someone cut the cable off the back of it. It doesn't have the rubber/plastic sheath as you can see in the picture, but I'm not too concerned about that.

I'll check the classified board too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
DkOlive72

Re: Another 1K3110 manual throttle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
I have a manual throttle in my 72 Blazer. The cable runs from the dash knob down to a bracket on the gas pedal linkage, all within the cab of the truck. Earlier models had longer cables that ran through the firewall and connected to the throttle linkage at the carb. Your cable looks longer than mine, so you may have the earlier version. Not a problem though, you can simply trim to length if needed.
Agreed, that it looks longer. I'm hoping it should be easy enough to shorten as you said. I think all of my bracketry is still in place and SS Tim's pics confirm that, I thnk I'll literally just be missing the screw clamp (or whatever you call that) that goes on the end of the inner wire -- and then of course the bezel.
Posted via Mobile Device