The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
In The Ten Ring

What else do I need to do?

I have removed the drums and tomorrow I plan to use my wire wheel on my dremel to clean up the rust on all the parts......do I need to flush out my brake lines?

The rear drums were/are rusted up and the truck would not roll in neutral. Is flushing out the fluid a good idea or do I leave that for a garage?

*1972, sitting in a garage since 2007.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
67c10rustbuket

Re: What else do I need to do?

My front to rear steel line was clogged somehow and I had to replace it. That being said there is no telling what kind of goo might be in there. I read some other posts of yours that the truck had been sitting for quite some time. Did the brakes work? If so I would put it back together and bleed them until the fluid comes out clean. If the brakes did not work I would disconnect the steel brake lines from the master cylinder and blow compressed air though them or at least try like I did. Then add all new fluid and bleed them several times and make sure there is no air left in the lines.

PS you need to post some pics

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote