The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #26
geezer#99

Re: sbc wont start right

Your video doesn't show much other than your choke plate is closed quite a bit. That'll make it run rich and rough. Revving it won't tell us much.
If you tried the visegrip or gravity feed and it didn't work then you must have some crap in your needle/seat. You'll need to pull the top off the carb to check it and clean it out.
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
Your video doesn't show much other than your choke plate is closed quite a bit. That'll make it run rich and rough. Revving it won't tell us much.
If you tried the visegrip or gravity feed and it didn't work then you must have some crap in your needle/seat. You'll need to pull the top off the carb to check it and clean it out.
the video just showed it running on two cylinders until i rev it then it runs snooth and idles fine. i understand that but when i give it a hot start choke is wide open and starts the same. just an update... i put new spark plugs in it and old ones were black possibly fouled next step i guess it to take carb apart as you said
Posted via Mobile Device
3970010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
and i dont think its the carb truck has bee gas tank new fuel filter so i doubt theres any crap in it. and i turn valve off on gravity fed ran for acouple seconds wich would mean that it couldnt be flooded and the is gas left is in bowls which would rule out the needle or seats being dirty or float stuck and it still started the same in starting to think maybe the intake gaskets were the wrong ones i thought that all sbcs were the same with that, i saw what appeared to be oil seepin in gasket i will post pic if i figure that out
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #29

[QUOTE=3970010;6240254]and i dont think its the carb truck has bee gas tank new fuel filter so i doubt theres any crap in it. and i turn valve off on gravity fed ran for acouple seconds wich would mean that it couldnt be flooded and the is gas left is in bowls which would rule out the needle or seats being dirty or float stuck and it still started the same in starting to think maybe the intake gaskets were the wrong ones i thought that all sbcs were the same with that, i saw what appeared to be oil seepin in gasket i will post pic if i figure that out
Posted via Mobile Device[/

i dropped old distributor it started right up like it used too, did some timing and adjusting and its not missing out... still dont know why old distributor wouldnt make it start right but ohh well its runs good now
Posted via Mobile Device