The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Mevotech upper ball joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71meangreenc10 View Post
I am not into the Made in the USA stuff, most people just use that to push their products that are made elsewhere and boxed up pretty here.... Today you really dont know, just like some one posted the other day about getting moog stuff and it had offshore parts inside. Most people, companies today are not honest anymore and its all about the dollar, so I dont by into supporting nothing unless I physically see the manufacturing process, sorry its just me and its my money..........

Smitty
Not to start any crap,but none of this is true. It's a law to inform the buyer what the country of origin is. This is done by some sort of indication "on" the actual product,not the box. A cast part will have "Made In USA" cast right on the part. Why do you think you see "Made In...some far off country" not known for making much at all great on parts? Do you think they are bragging? You will even see "parts manufactured in XXX and assembled in XXXX". It's required by law.
I buy into supporting American jobs. In the spirit of being what what made America the great nation it is,I thrive on looking beyond myself and helping others any way I can. Helping people I'll never see keep a job is my way of doing that. I'll never be done doing all I can for my fellow countrymen,but that's just me.

I also buy parts right here in my home town to support my local economy...and not pay any shipping at all...or wait. I only buy off the internet or mail order things I can't buy locally. I've been mail ordering for over 40 years,so it's not like I have anything against it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
cdowns

lots o guys posture with thier buy american rants but have skippy chinese on speed dial and buy china crap all day long
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,if they rant,like me,they should follow through,like me. If there's an alternative I'm willing to pay the difference. Funny thing is,now that it's taken for granted everything comes from China,it really isn't necessarily cheaper anymore. I was at the world famous Walmart buying oil and I went to look at cereal bowls that won't boil over making oatmeal. I generally use antique dishes because they're cool and made in the USA. There were some old fashioned looking ceramic bowls for $1.50,which is certainly cheap and they were from China. I noticed two cobalt blue glass bowls and I looked at the bottom to see if they were fire-safe. They sure felt like good heavy glass. First of all,they were only $1.00,then I saw Made In USA,then I saw they were made by Anchor-Hocking! They are an old company that has made fire-safe cookwear,dishes,and coffee mugs forever and their stuff is sold in antique stores as collectibles. Yes,they are what I bought,and I would not only have bought them if they had been the more expense choice,but also would have just because of Made In USA. Shop round,there is still great stuff made right here and it's worth every penny you spend

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I do my very best to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to buying American made. I don't get to buy a lot of stuff, and it requires saving my money longer, but that's what I do.

I saved for an extra six months to buy a made in USA Champion air compressor rather than a Chinese Ingersoll Rand or Campbell Housfeld. Last year I bought two TP Tools made in USA blast cabinets. Right now I'm waiting for parts to arrive to rebuild an original AC Delco starter rather than buy one of those Skip White mini starters that everyone is so in love with. My box and tools are SnapOn, Mac, and Matco. I've gotten to where most of my swap meet buys are old American tools that I can get cheap and restore and use. They always wind up better than most anything on the market today. Lately I've been on a spree buying old Craftsman and PowerKraft (Montgomery Wards brand) aluminum bodied electric hand tools.

After my 40th birthday, I decided to focus on buying only the most durable goods available in an effort to be buying the last ones I'd ever need in my life.

But, when it comes to buying local, I have had to draw the line somewhat. I have a full shop account at my local O Reilly parts store. They're the only store in this 1 red light town I live in. Even getting a shop discount, they usually run about 30-40 percent higher for the exact part that I can get from Rockauto. Typically, Rockauto shipping charges are about equal to what I'd pay in sales tax if I bought locally, so the bottom line savings are real. Twice I printed out my Rockauto shopping cart with part numbers and prices and took it to my O Reilly store. They wouldn't even try to match the prices. They just glanced at the prices and said they couldn't help me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote