The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
da_bears_da1

T5 wc

Last fall I bought a set of tools and some odds and ends from a guy who had closed his shop. He threw in a transmission that he said was rebuilt that he was going to use in his 67 truck but never finished the project.

I have been stepping over it for almost a year so I decided to figure out what it was. After researching it yesterday, I am almost positive that its a 1991 T5 World Class. The tag is missing off of it, imagine it was not put back on when it was rebuilt. Below are the pictures of the transmission. The thing that makes me believe its a World Class is it has the Timken bearing cover on the front of the transmission as you can see in one of the pictures.

Assuming I am right, what would the transmission be worth?
Attached Images

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
bigseth

Re: T5 wc

Looks like a fbody t-5. Its definitely a world class if it has the timken front bearing... The last few that I sold in the last year or so, low mileage and good working order, only brought around $150 to $200. I have one that needs rebuilding I cant give away. They are a great transmission but wont hold much power... You would need a fbody or lakewood bellhousing (trans mounts at a 17* angle) and 153t flywheel to use it. Years ago they would bring around 3 to 400 dollars but since t56 prices have come way down they are harder to get rid of... I would post it on thirdgen.org for $400 or so and see what kinda offers you get..

Seth
Posted via Mobile Device
bigseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
da_bears_da1

Re: T5 wc

Thank you very much for the advice. Good to know it is a WC; it does have the timken bearing cover.

I will check out thirdgen.org and see what happens.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote