The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Stinkfoot

Motor mount question

Okay, so, I'm replacing a 250 with a newer 350 in my '68 C10. The new motor has clam-shell style mounts that seem to be incompatible with what is there. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first guy out there to attempt such a swap, so what's the best way to get that motor in that truck using the mounts that I have?
Stinkfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Re: Motor mount question

You need the frame stands for a small block. Then you need the correct block mounts for the engine. You can get the block mounts at any local parts store. Pretty straight foreward deal.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyretail View Post
You need the frame stands for a small block. Then you need the correct block mounts for the engine. You can get the block mounts at any local parts store. Pretty straight foreward deal.
True. BUT dont forget to mention having to torch the stock 6cyl rear engine crossmember engine out!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

YES..... I did not even think of that. Good save.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Why make it complicated for the guy ?

Original poster, unbolt the rubber mounts from your six cylinder. They are held to the engine by three bolts each. Not the metal brackets that bolt directly to the block, the rubber part that goes between the metal block brackets and the frame brackets. Now, bolt the rubber mounts directly to your 350 block. Same bolt pattern right there on the sides of your V8. Now, drop the engine in. Done.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
hugger6933

First off let me say to you welcome to the board, then there is a post that tells you how to put the newer style mounts on your frame if that was your intentions. To find it go to the home page, then click the tab on the upper left hand corner of the page that says tech tips. Next go the the section of 67-72 there are like 6 pages of post there, in those you will find a post about mounts and putting the newer style in the older trucks. I know TX Firefighter has done a lot with the motor mounts he even has a post in the tech tip section about using sbc mount for bbc apps. That guy has been around the truck a time or two and knows his stuff[and if you need something coated he would be a good friend to make]. His advise is the easiest way to do what your wanting unless like I said above and you just wanted the newer style mounts[ for the safety factor]. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote