The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Smurfeh

Vacuum line for heater blend

Hello again,

I know I've been throwing down alot of questions lately.I've managed to do 1 build with minimal questions and am almost complete my second build. One thing I noticed about the first swap that I want to correct with the second swap is being able to use defog.

I dont notice it much on my 1st one, because I use an internal heater in the cab while it is parked overnight. So its always defogged and warm inside for me when I jump in. However with two trucks it would be a major draw on the houses power.

I know that the blender lever for moving the heat from the floor to defog is vacuum controlled.. and I would like to know what you guys used as a vacuum source to drive that heater mixing valve. It would be nice to have that working and save a bit on the power bill.

Also, as a second question.. I'm still waiting for my second harness back and ECM..I sent it to current performance. anyone know what to expect from them when I get it back? quality?

Once again thanks for your time guys.. you know.. its winter and all.. gotta keep your fellow members warm
Smurfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Smurfeh

Re: Vacuum line for heater blend

Are you guys telling me that, after the swap your defrost has been working properly? As far as I knew the valve needed some help from a little vacumm.. Anyone able to chime in?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
ls1nova71

Are you wanting to know where to get a vacuum source to run the HVAC blend doors? If you have a truck intake, on the passenger side about the middle is a fitting that usually has a break off tab on it. break the little tab off and a hose will push on and has little pieces on top and bottom that hold the hose tightly in place. If you have a car intake, it's at the back of the intake by the brake booster fitting.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
solidaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Are you wanting to know where to get a vacuum source to run the HVAC blend doors? If you have a truck intake, on the passenger side about the middle is a fitting that usually has a break off tab on it. break the little tab off and a hose will push on and has little pieces on top and bottom that hold the hose tightly in place. If you have a car intake, it's at the back of the intake by the brake booster fitting.
That was one of the neatest tricks you folks told me about, works great, thanks !!!!
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Smurfeh

Works like a champ thank you. Saved me from putting in a electrically operated blender valve from a dodge Caravan in there.