The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
BigElittleg64

Weird things going on.

Well here goes, (1)The other day my service sealbelt light goes off and I read that there is an electrical issue and that I need to take it to the dealer.
(2) The family was driving around town about 24hr after the seatbelt light came on and the power locks started to cycle and while setting in the resturant for dinner the liftgate just decides to open.(3) Lastnight the alarm just decides to go off twice within an hour or so. (4) Today the service suspension light came on. What the he** is going on with this thing. It is a 2007 GMC Denali and I have owned it for about 2 yrs and never had any problems till NOW. Any thoughts or answers would be great. Has any one else had similar issues?
BigElittleg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Ron Dall

Re: Weird things going on.

Had 08 tahoe that did same with locks cycling and lights on dash going off and on. Was also showing service traction control and service stabilitrak. Mine was still under warranty so it went back to dealership and they replaced both battery cables--didn't have any more trouble after that.
Ron Dall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
BigElittleg64

Sorry it was not the seat belt light it is the service air bag light.So last night I discinnected battery for an hour and replaced the ground contact at the block and l cleaned the connector that goes to the frame. So far all service lights are gone but the service air bag light. Any one know why that would come on, or how to reset this funtion.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
buddy_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElittleg64 View Post
So far all service lights are gone but the service air bag light. Any one know why that would come on, or how to reset this funtion.
Try taking both cables off of the battery and touching just the cables together (NO power in the vehicle), that will clear the codes.
1997 Chevy Cheyenne K2500
1999 Polaris Sport 400
buddy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
BigElittleg64

I think I found what was going on. The wires running from the lift gate to the to the truck have been chaffing on something. I pulled the wires back and used some black wire loom and it's been three days and no troubles yet. So if there is any one else out there have liftgate problems be sure to check the wires.