The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Instrument Panel Bulb Clips / Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRandy View Post
Do you charge your customers the $30 for shipping? If you do then you are charging the actual cost of shipping and no one should have a problem with that. There was an example in an earlier post where the actual amount paid to the shipping company (I think it was UPS) was $6 and $12 was being charged to the customer, not the actual costs for shipping.

The reason I am so spun up about this is I once ordered some rubber parts from a company on the East coast. The parts cost about $15. After everything was added up the total was around $45. When I received the parts they came in an envelope and the postage on the envelope was about $2.50. $30 for an envelope and a little postage? On another occasion, I ordered some brake lines from a vendor on this board (I won't say who, they know who they are), I had to pay extra because the brake lines had to ship "oversize". When I received the brake lines, the long ones were folded in several places and arrived in a standard size box. I will never order anything from either company again. Treat your customers right and they will order from you over and over again...treat them like you don't care if they come back and they won't. Just saying.

Sorry for the rant.
You have a legitimate complaint if that's what happened. Charging $30 to ship and sending it parcel post for $2.50 is a ripoff plain and simple. Sounds like an eBay deal.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote