The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
RustySunShine

Question Edited by staff

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any [URL="http://67-72chevytrucks

Last edited by 70cst; 01-29-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: Need some opinions/ advice about selling a truck

A rolling chassis will be easier to haul and sell I wouldn't go crazy bolting it back together just enough to let a buyer see what it is , How much are you asking for it ? Advertise it in the Tampa bay area Craigslist and as many surrounding areas as possible since it's free, List it in here and post a lot of pictures , There is a buyer for every seat !

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 01-28-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
bob8619

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 01-28-2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: WTB posts limited to supporting members.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
Tigg

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 01-29-2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Offer to purchase parts limited to subscribing members.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
bob8619

How is it that I'm able to reply in a classified post but not say "I need a _______" ?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
slowcpe

I just sold my roller. Had most of it apart but loosely bolted it back together so potential buyers could vision a "complete" truck rather than a pile of parts.

I almost parted mine out but didn't want to go through the hassle of it plus afraid I would get stuck with 1-2 large parts that end up taking permanent residence in the garage.

I listed mine on Craigslist and some local Facebook pages. Ended up selling it off of FB but received a ton of interest on CL.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
Old 01-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8619 View Post
How is it that I'm able to reply in a classified post but not say "I need a _______" ?
This is a general discussion board, on which the original poster merely "asked for advice," not to sell parts. Asking for parts is ok by subscribing members, but needs to be done so on The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board, but may only be done so by subscibing members. Please see the Buying and Selling Code of Conduct for more information in regards buying and selling.
You can upgrade your membership HERE, and have the privilage of "asking" or stating "I need..." parts.
Thank you for your understanding.
-Richard
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
A rolling chassis will be easier to haul and sell I wouldn't go crazy bolting it back together just enough to let a buyer see what it is , How much are you asking for it ? Advertise it in the Tampa bay area Craigslist and as many surrounding areas as possible since it's free, List it in here and post a lot of pictures , There is a buyer for every seat !
But you might make more parting it if you have time and patience. Good luck on your new project.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
Old 01-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
oldschool18

bob8619.......spend the 25 bucks and get your name in blue, and help the board and help yourself...if you love working on and building Chevys it will be the best 25 dollars you could ever spend.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8619 View Post
It's all explained in the rules you clicked "agree" to. Basically,you must subscribe to initiate a sale,which helps protect this site's members from crash and run scammers. Since this thread isn't about selling,your post is seen as a WTB (want to buy),which is initiating a sale. You can't post a WTB in the parts section unless subscribed,but everyone has the right to buy what's being offered.
Also,this site is divided between specific areas for specific uses. The headings are self evident references to the material within.

On the topic,there's something to be said for selling whole as a project. You get it gone while putting money back in your hand with fewer headaches. Also,since you haven't addressed the rust issues,you'll probably get the same sum and just be stuck with the less desirable parts. If the reason you are selling it is because you want to get to a new project,then get rid of it and get to your new project. Also,spending money to make more money generally washes out,unless you produce a completed product. I think a project on a clean rolling frame can bring a respectable amount. People want as much with those as possible,so don't go crazy pocking the choice stuff off of it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Closed Thread