The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
bhammer

Frame Dimension 4x4 67-72

Anyone know where I can find a diagram showing the frame dimensions on a 67-72 Chevy/GMC? I am taking my frame into the shop to get it tweaked back to original specs but the body guy needs the original dimensions to go off of. All I can find is 2wd info. I'm stuck here or I have two large expensive paperweights.... Any help is appreciated greatly...

Brian
bhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
dbash

Re: Frame Dimension 4x4 67-72

Bhhammer, I did some digging online and ended up on an old thread right back here on this site. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=281235. If this link does not work click on new posts and look for "Frame dimensions...67-72 & 73-87" I posted a bump reply on there to revive it for you. If the info there is accurate, and I think it is, then you should have the info your looking for. It was not in the 4X4 section. That's probably why you did not find it.

I hope this helps you.

2008 Dodge 3500 Blue Tech
2013 Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Landcruiser Rock Crawler LS1
1969 4X4 Resto Mod
dbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
bhammer

Dbash,

Thanks for the help on this. I had actually found that chart just wasn't sure what model number to use. But I see it says specifically which one is K10 Shortbed. I'm going to go with these number to straighten my frame. Most of the numbers match. One more question is where it shows the side view, are those measurements to the ground actually to the axle? Is the axle ground level on the chart? I am not sure where to measure to, the actually ground or the axle level. But the cross dimensions seem to be good. Thanks a lot for your help so far, you've been a big asset to me in this build.

Brian
bhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
dbash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammer View Post
Dbash,

Thanks for the help on this. I had actually found that chart just wasn't sure what model number to use. But I see it says specifically which one is K10 Shortbed. I'm going to go with these number to straighten my frame. Most of the numbers match. One more question is where it shows the side view, are those measurements to the ground actually to the axle? Is the axle ground level on the chart? I am not sure where to measure to, the actually ground or the axle level. But the cross dimensions seem to be good. Thanks a lot for your help so far, you've been a big asset to me in this build.

Brian
Brian, the footnotes on the chart state this "all measurements are from bottom of frame to surface". So your wondering how to establish the "surface" since your frame is bare. I'm no expert but your Frame guy should be able to use this chart and establish a constant offset of any dimension and then use some simple math while referencing this chart to straighten your frame with these dimensions. The critical info he needs is provided here since the different points are all shown, he just needs to establish a baseline.... Make sense?

If I am confusing you more take this chart to him I'm guessing he will be happy with it.

Good luck and I am happy to help but you need to know that I don't measure up to most of these guys on here that can really help you out.

Hang in there and post some pics before and after your frame is fixed.

2013 Challenger SRT8 392
1969 4X4 Resto Mod
Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
dbash

Just to be clear this chart shows both the 2WD and the 4WD frames the one that is straight from the cab all the way back to the rear bumper is the "K" or 4X4 frame.....

2013 Challenger SRT8 392
1969 4X4 Resto Mod