The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
ogsRULE

Help with Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

I got my truck as a project and am still digging through the boxes. One problem is that the boxes have parts from two rigs that were torn down and I don't always know which is which. Right now ready to put the brake booster and master cyl at the firewall and having trouble sorting it out. The bracket set ups for either booster don't seem to fit the firewall.

See pics. First is the firewall. Sorry, three tries and it keeps rotating the shot. , second, and third are the booster and master cyl assembly. The bracket seems to have been drilled, but does not seem to fit the firewall. Next two pics are the other assembly.

Any ideas here? I hate to start drilling. I was going to replace the master cylinder anyway cause it's been sitting for four years, so maybe ahead to just replace the whole thing?

Thanks,

Scottie
Attached Images

Last edited by ogsRULE; 02-17-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Photo Rotated
ogsRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Help with Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

The first booster you have, by looking at the mounting brackets, looks to be from a '73-'87. But that is the first one I have seen that the brackets are bolted to the booster and not riveted. I have no idea on what the stud pattern is on that booster, so I don't know if it is compatable with my booster bracket. The second booster is a factory booster for the '63-'66 trucks. You just need to drill 1 hole to bolt it up. The nut should be welded to the pedal bracket on the inside. I don't know if that booster itself is compatable with my booster bracket.

There is a list of the compatable boosters in the for sale thread at post #183 on page 8.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
ogsRULE

Thanks for the info. It helps. The bolt pattern on the back of the booster looks to be 3.5" square and the studs protrude about 1". Does that fit?

Thanks,

Scottie
ogsRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Which booster is that on?

The booster hole pattern on my booster brackets is 3.375" x 3.50". So it would work with just a little elongating of the holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogsRULE View Post
Thanks for the info. It helps. The bolt pattern on the back of the booster looks to be 3.5" square and the studs protrude about 1". Does that fit?

Thanks,

Scottie
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote