The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #1
Matt21lutz

Custom or bolt on Air Ride? Need help!

I'm looking around for air ride kits for 84 c10 and finding that a lot of them have a lot lower stance then I really want even when at max height. I want to have an air ride system with a single tank, most likely one compressor, all the solenoids and whatever else I need. Also want to have a leveling kit on it, analog or digital air pressure gauges but not a touch screen or anything with a screen want real gauges and lastly DEFINETILLY want electric switch to control the valves I guess? not really sure what they're called.

So I need some help here, if I go custom, what all do I need in order to make it? I want to have an ride height that's about in the middle of a 2.5"/4" drop and a 4"/6" drop so roughly max ride height will be a drop of 3"/5" from stock height, not sure if that makes sense? I do know when I park or drop down low I want to drop to the ground almost. I plan on making stops on the bottom of the frame rails so that body doesn't hit the ground but the frame will be sitting on the ground. That's if I go custom.

Need some help here, let me know what you think, should I buy a kit or go custom? lets see some pics too!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
DREAMER1

Re: Custom or bolt on Air Ride? Need help!

There are quite a few routes you could go with this. There are air bag manufacturers such as AVS and RIDETECH who are very well known and recommended. But I personally would look at Ekstensive in Houston. They sell kits/parts, but they Aldo do a great desk of installations at their shop. Give them a call and tell them exactly what you're looking got and I'm sure they can get you hooked right up. Or do a bit if your own research and make a few calls to compare products.
DREAMER1 is offline   Reply With Quote