The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2003, 10:59 PM   #26
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

YEA ....YEA...PAYPAL
I GOT CASH SITTING THERE NOW
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:13 PM   #27
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Asking for prices is OK, but they are usually posted anyway. Asking for details: application, condition, etc is OK, because some of these guys selling don't really know what they have...but when you ask for shipping costs---BE A SERIOUS BUYER! Decide if you are buying, BEFORE, you ask for all the extra work.
I am still waiting for the payments that were being sent out 3-4 weeks ago for the billet bowtie lens covers...and I bought some more to cover those!
"Pretenders" are a hassle. They go through the whole process and then don't buy. They never were going to. So just keep the names and avoid them in the future.
I couldn't figure out which was best: to buy from Randy, or to buy on Ebay. So I bought Randy's stuff on Ebay!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:15 AM   #28
69_hafton
Sleep-Deprived

I'm with cdowns on going to ebay. I'd have car parts posted
for months before they'd sell on message boards. All the time,
you're answering questions and not selling much.

If I had rare stuff - I'd auction it / or if it's nos or repro I'd put it
up with a buy it now price.
Any question you get are usually those who haven't read the description or kids
who are just messing around. I usually answer
all the questions anyway, but most of the high
bidders/actual buyers never ask any questions until
after end of auction. Just include most info than
you ever thought necessary.

If you haven't already tried it, you might see how much "advertising"
you get from a listing on "the bay".
69_hafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 04:00 AM   #29
gman

Before reading this thread, I would've bet money that this would be a common complaint among sellers here. But I had wondered why I hadn't seen some of the stuff you (Randy) were selling on EBAY, not advertised here for sale. Now that I've read this, I have confirmation on both thoughts. I for one, do not ask questions unless I intend to buy if the answer back is what I want to hear. I buy quite a bit on EBAY (I admit it, I'm addicted) and have been burned only once. With 75 feedback and 100% of that positive, (and actually three times that in purchases but sellers don't leave feedback) I'm not out to jack anyone around. And I use PAYPAL whenever a seller accepts it. I know I'm not on your list since I've never inquired on anything but tonight I was actually watching your NOS center AC vent and the amber side marker light you had on EBAY but the squeeze was looking over my shoulder and noticed what looked like rust on the vent fins, so I didn't bid. And I didn't have time to inquire about it. I wasn't going to bid on the marker lamp unless I won the vent. But I prefer to buy from those on here that I've noticed with a good rep, such as yourself. I will probably be buying from WES sometime soon and I've already purchased from GMCPauls with nothing but total satifaction. I'm not poor by any means and no one but myself has a say about where I spend my funds (yet) . Don't let the "pretenders" get you down too much. And I'll bet most of the few that are, didn't realize what an inconvience they were causing. Those who prefer to deal with straight shooters are typically straight shooters themselves. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're addicted like the rest of us.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #30
GM72K10
Next!

Hey Randy
I feel for you but a lot of what you're going through is the cost of doing business, and experience, like some of these others have said, nothing against here, ebay seems to work better. A few years back I had a running ad in the local (Phila) trading times. Wasted a lot of time with kids, example I'd ask $30.00 for a fender and they'd offer $10.00. Let's make a deal is for TV! Actually had a guy buy a rust free bed side and then bring it back! Had a few guys who'd call and say "I'll buy everything, what have you got?"That was when I discovered Carlisle and dragged a load of stuff to the truck nationals for a few years until Little League schedule conflicted with it.

It all boils down to "Money talks and B.S. walks" There are a lot of dreamers out there and your time is valuable, nothing wrong with asking questions but if you're just "asking" (buyers), state as such!
I finally started selling some of my own stuff on ebay, and so far, so good. Sold a 3:54 coil spring rear to a guy from Cleveland who drove 8 hours to pick it up,a TH400 to a guy in Kentucky who paid to have it shipped.
I got a great bit of help from this board on one part I had that when I'd bought it I thought they were NOS GMC bezels, posted a pic here asking what they were, they were NOS 68 Impala bezels, sold on ebay for 5 times what I paid for them, and I only wanted my $50.00 back!
I myself had a great transaction with you Randy and don't know where you find the time for this and I hope the vents by us others puts it all in perspective.
Good Luck!
Gerry
86 K30 C&C 6.2 4:56s, 4M, 11,000 gvw, ex fire truck, now lowboy dump
More square bodies and CUCVs than I care to admit to
2020 Silverado K3500HD Work truck
GM72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:15 AM   #31
Heavy-Chevy

Angry

My reaply got stuck on " 72 402 belt?".....

Majaor !!!!

Anyway just basicly saying thanks (to the sellers).......

1972 GMC Sierra Grande 3/4ton LWB 4x4

1972 Chevrollet K/5 with a 6"Lift, 462 heads "money pit"

1988 K3500 Crew "Big Red" 4x4

PARTS OR PROJECT TRUCKS:

PARTS for sale or trade:

WANT :

1972 parts blazer/Jimmy parts truck

1967-72 Parts Chevy/GMC Truck

NEED stainless hubcap for 3/4ton GMC
Heavy-Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:16 AM   #32
Heavy-Chevy

Question

:p

DID IT WORK THIS TIME???????????????????

1972 GMC Sierra Grande 3/4ton LWB 4x4

1972 Chevrollet K/5 with a 6"Lift, 462 heads "money pit"

1988 K3500 Crew "Big Red" 4x4

PARTS OR PROJECT TRUCKS:

PARTS for sale or trade:

WANT :

1972 parts blazer/Jimmy parts truck

1967-72 Parts Chevy/GMC Truck

NEED stainless hubcap for 3/4ton GMC
Heavy-Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:30 AM   #33
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Tee-it up. I think I am probably on your list and I apologize. I should have e-mailed you to let you know I was unable to complete a sale, but ,I failed to do so. I just can't bring myself to trust the U.S. Post office with a Money Order again. To date, I am in the hole for $400.00 because the Post Office failed to deliver it to the right person or it was lost or stolen. I bought a floor shift tilt column from a guy in South Carolina. Said he never got it. This was a few months ago. Western Union says the money order has not been cashed yet. The wife is trying to get a refund and she says it has been a pain in the a$$. Please don't take this personally in no way was it aimed at you. I have seen what you sell on ebay and I have read on the board that you are an excellent and honest person to deal with. I can just no longer send money through the mail. I would be more than happy to pay with paypal and would even be willing to pay you the extra percentage that paypal charges you for the sale. I guess it's still possible to recover the lost $400 from Western Union. But in the meantime, it's tied up. I'm normally not the type of person that doesn't complete a sale (almost 450 positive feedbacks on ebay), I just forgot about sending you a message. If you ever decide to accept paypal, let me know. You offer some pretty nice items.

Last edited by gonebad2; 01-02-2004 at 03:56 AM.
gonebad2 is offline   Reply With Quote