The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Dirtkid93

brake lights

my post is almost dead on the one that rickywideglide posted, i have running lights in the rear, but no turn signals or actual brake lights. the previous owner installed one of the POS aftermarket shifters they make for these ( stupid chrome looking things you get through lmc truck ) he ghetto rigged my entire wiring harness both in engine and in cab under dash, so I'm trying to sort it all out before i give up and buy a whole new one, anyway back to subject. i opened the blinker thing housing and found out is has garbage contacts and the light isn't soldered anymore. could this be the problem or do i have a new blinker relay? i double checked all my wires are connected properly today. but still nothing. my front blinkers work at the speed of sound.
oh and also my normal headlights won't work but my brights do? i checked the ground and the bulbs, both are good. could i have a headlight relay issue too?
Dirtkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #2
jtrichard

Re: brake lights

if its oem there is no headlight relays.... you need a new dimmer switch .....the reason your front blinkers are fast is thats how it tells you that you have only one (front or rear) working .. as for whats going on in the turn switch we need pics
jtrichard is offline   Reply With Quote