The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Rogue_Alphonse

Truck tailgate or Blazer tailgate?

Suggestions/opinions/experiences/explosions?

I know with hardware they're a direct bolt-on. I have heard of rattling or exhaust fumes, but I can get around that. This Blazer will be topless a lot.

I also would make a flip-up rear window for the top for the winter [I know where I can get some 3/8" thick plexi ]

I have a power 1980 tailgate on now, without the assist springs. My '88 came with power but the old gate was so screwed up the window exploded while I was driving and it was before I found a new dash switch and got that working. That being said, my rear window does work via dash. I also swapped my 1980 doors so the key is the same for the gate, but the key will not go all the way into the lock on the gate. Also, half the time while rolling up the window I have to have someone pull out at the top of the window or it'll stop at one of the internal parts [halfway up]. Plus the driver's side doesn't line up too well sometimes and you have to slam the hell out of it to get it to shut. oh, and it has cracks on the outer skin at the top edge.

[also it's been a while since I've been here... my Blazer project was on hold for a while ]
1991 Mustang GT Vert, T-5 w/ Pro 5.0, Trick Flow upper & lower, BBK cold air intake, 3:73, BAMA chip, etc.
1988 K5 Blazer, [coming soon] TBI 400, SM465/NP208, 12 bolt rear, 3:08's, looks like a 1980.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 fully loaded daily driver!
Where there's a will, there's a rig!
Rogue_Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote