The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
78' Silverado
\/ My Loves \/

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73
To take off the side mirrors, you will need to remove the screw on the bottom of the mirror housing. Once that is off it will then allow you access to the bolts that actually hold the mirror to the door. To get the mirror off, you will need to remove your door panel to gain acess to the nuts that are on the inside of the door (window has to be up). I believe there are three, loosen the nuts and bolts and that is it. Of course, you will now have three holes, which need to be welded shut and the doors will now need to be repainted.

Now that is all off memory, I might be incorrect on the number of bolts, but once you get the cover off you will see how it comes apart.

About replacement mirrors, get the small rectangular ones...they look sporty and you can actually use them. I had a "peep" mirror on my truck a while back (upper corner of the door)...looked cool, but is was worthless..couldn't see much.
Thx for the info bigblock, that will really help me with the removale/install

383 Stroker in progress for the 78'!!!
78' Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote