The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
1963c-10

Re: NEW TO SITE! Engine swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLYONS11 View Post
1963c-10, The truck is currently a manual, and I love driving a manual, but I'm considering an auto swap. My Mustang is a manual and my wife hates driving my Bronco (its too big or something???) and always complains that I have no cars she can drive. I figure since I am spending our savings to do this project, I would try to accommodate her. Is it necessary to use rear mount location if going manual? I would imagine that there may be some clearance issues with a LWP in the front mount position? I imagine that you could run a manual in the forward holes by going to an aftermarket or later model manual trans mount meant for the tailshaft style mount.

Sorry about multiple questions/issues on a single thread. As I am new to the site I’m not really sure how all this works. Feel free to verbally abuse me and correct me if I am doing something wrong!!!!!
I'm using the factory bellhousing crossmember, so I'm kinda limited to the rear mounts, which is the only reason I went LWP since its what I had available. I don't believe the LWP set up will work with the forward holes. I know I will have to massage the pass side fire wall some and I currently have a large Mallory HEI...that I will swap out for a small head HEI with external coil to allow more clearance.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote