The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
69lsxc10

Re: need help with 5.3 swap and seat swap..

Ok . I. Got my hoses done and today I went to local shop go get ac cleaned out from contaminants and stuff and my ac was working for about 2 minutes.. my compressor then started to stop n go on n off quickly.. n then my belt snapped.. local shop told me its a bad compressor since it was the original one from the motor n has been sitting for about 2-3 years.. I sure hes right but can it b something else that caused this.. I was thinking my trinary switch did this or maybe I crossed the wires or something.. this is how i wired it.. from the vintage air kit he blue wire that goes to the binary/ trinary switch is connected to one of the black wires to this switch
http://m.ebay.com/itm/310962592597?nav=SEARCH
the the other black wire is connected to the compressor to the green wire. N the purple wire from the compressor is grounded.. should they be switched? And from the trinary the blue wires are connected to electric fan relay.. did I get the wrong switch?
The ac components are all new from ac kit from vintage air evaporator, condensor, drier , hoses fittings etc only used part was compressor.. any help will be appreaciated..
1969 C10 SWB -- LS 5.3 4L60E , CC LT HEADERS, 2.5" X-PIPE ,P&P THROTTLE BODY, CAI, ELECTRIC FANS, 3:73 GEARS, TRAC LOCK, 22" BOYDS , VINTAGE AIR, DAKOTA DIGITAL, 2013 LTZ LEATHER SEATS, PIONEER DD NAVI, 4.5˝ FIBERGLASS COWL HOOD, MCGAUGHYS DISK BRAKE CONVERSION 2.5 DROP SPINDLE 6/8 STATIC DROP .
69lsxc10 is offline   Reply With Quote