The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

Core support is next. First pics are a modified Chevy support, last several are GMC support. I use 3/16" plate, bent at a 90deg. angle. I cut the support at the line above the two horizontal 5/16" bolt holes. I bend an 18ga. sheet into a 4" channel the width of the core support, weld it to the bottom, and install the 68-72 cushions.

Then I mock up the fenders, core support, and hood. using a floor jack I adjust the core support height until the hood aligns proplerly with the fenders.

Then I weld my brackets to the core support, and drill 5/16" holes through the top of the frame. using grade 8 bolts, washers, and lock-nuts, secure the core support to the frame.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2.pdf (47.9 KB, 5163 views)
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
BigFrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
Core support is next. First pics are a modified Chevy support, last several are GMC support. I use 3/16" plate, bent at a 90deg. angle. I cut the support at the line above the two horizontal 5/16" bolt holes. I bend an 18ga. sheet into a 4" channel the width of the core support, weld it to the bottom, and install the 68-72 cushions.

Then I mock up the fenders, core support, and hood. using a floor jack I adjust the core support height until the hood aligns proplerly with the fenders.

Then I weld my brackets to the core support, and drill 5/16" holes through the top of the frame. using grade 8 bolts, washers, and lock-nuts, secure the core support to the frame.
Can you plz go over the radiator section with me. I am like confused why did u buy another core support. I bought the 19 x22 radiator and it seem not to fit by milli meters lol. Thanks for your help.
Big Frz
BigFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Clay54

BigFrz, I don't think Chris (skymangs) is suggesting you buy two core supports. In the post you refer, #6, he had two projects going and to get a picture sequence, he used the Chevy support as a start and the GMC support to show the complete. Now why your radiator don't fit in your support, I don't have a clue but I feel sure it has nothing to do with you needing a second support. Clay
Clay54 is offline   Reply With Quote