The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: 79 1/2 ton 4X4, full time four wheel drive?

He's talking about running with the front hubs in "Lock" rather than "Free". In other words,what you would have if you didn't have locking hubs. You can go in and out of 4wd like what they now coin shift on fly...fly on shift?...fly on shi+?...shoe fly pie?...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #27
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Re: 79 1/2 ton 4X4, full time four wheel drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What a great deal! No miles on that motor at all. Bus is clean and a great size for a conversion. I think you'll be rolling right past Mt. Airy on I-70,just before Baltimore. I know you have a lot of road to put under your butt,but if you can't stop by,let me at least buy you a coffee in town for a short break
Just got in yesterday, no problems at all with the F600. 2470 miles...

I sure would like to look you up but it seems time will not be on my side but I will sure try if possible! Maybe a drive by lol
There will be a gathering of friends from all over the country in Indy for the Moto GP bike race starting the 7th. There is dinner and party at my buddy's home in Fishers, IN. that I would love to crash ( I plan on showing up in his neighborhood unannounced). It looks like that means leaving Joppa at about 6:00 am on the 7th to get to fishers in time for busting up their dinner party hah!
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote