The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
pimpston65

vent glass gasket

does the aftermarket make such a piece? i havent seen them. i can make it out of flat rubber, it will just save time if a piece is one was pre-cut. any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images

pimpston65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Woogeroo

Re: vent glass gasket

The triangle glass part is held into the actual metal frame with the black window sealer goop. Ask around at a local automotive glass shop, what the best goop to use for your area/climate or how much they'd charge just to reset the glass back in place, cuz they have tubes of the stuff just laying around in multiple caulk guns. Same goes for the big side glass in the door...

For the pieces that go around the outside... of the frame/glass...

look at the various vendors, they will be listed under weather strip, glass or door parts : vent window weather strip for 1964-1966 or some other similar term, depending on the vendor.

If you want to know how to replace 'em, see the vent window rebuild thread listed in the 60-66 FAQ Index.

Good luck,

-W

Last edited by Woogeroo; 08-13-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
pimpston65

thks, but the goop isnt what im going for. the oem item is just above the glass triangle piece in my pic, its made of rubber. the extra closing panel rubber is perfect thickness the glass sits firmly. i just wanted to find a replacement piece and thought id ask members. if need be i will use the same thickness rubber to cuz me and RTV arent friends, thks!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
cru_zn_29

It is called glass setting tape. I comes in different thickness. After you fold it around the glass and reset in frame you trim the extra that is hanging out of the frame.
cru_zn_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
pimpston65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru_zn_29 View Post
It is called glass setting tape. I comes in different thickness. After you fold it around the glass and reset in frame you trim the extra that is hanging out of the frame.
cool cru_zn i have some off that setting tape, it just didnt seem as sturdy as id like. maybe in 50yrs it will be soo hard it will be just like the old stuff i took off... thks for all posts!!!