The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
LS64C10

Low Mount Alternator?

Ok guys I know the F-Body accessories have been used with the LS swaps on the 60-66 trucks using the low mount alternator but I cant seem to find any pics of it. Can the low mount alternator guys post up some pics and let me know what mods need to be done if any.

Thanks!
LS64C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
nebdrummer

Re: Low Mount Alternator?

There's a bunch of different ways. AEI? I think, they make a drivers side oil pan mount alternator relocation. Very clean, but expensive.

The f body alternator mount is the easiest.

You can make your own with a tiny denzo 93-103mm alternator tucked right under the passenger head on the side of the block. Then you can use the truck ac bracket, you can utilize the idler and mounting holes. then you can run a low power steering setup on the drivers side.

I make my own setup with truck accessories. I cut the alternator whole top mount off the truck power steering bracket. Then I went to a u pull it, got a $20 165 amp alternator, mounted it backwards, and made my own frame bracket. My motor is solid mounted, so it shouldn't be an issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
LS64C10

Re: Low Mount Alternator?

Thanks Nebdrummer! I really like the way the fbody atl tucks in on the driver side I just wasn't sure if anyone was having clearance issues with the stock alt. I set the motor in yesterday just to see how much grinding I was going to have do on the frame to squeeze the 1 7/8" Doug Thorley's in but it wasn't that bad. It looked to have plenty room for the fbody alt so I guess im gonna see if I can find a bracket collecting dust in somewhere.
Attached Images

LS64C10 is offline   Reply With Quote