The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
Tilt

Thinking of a LS swap in my 86 C10

I've been tossing around the idea of getting rid of the V6 with 3 on the tree in my 86 stepside and dropping in an LS motor and trans. I've read several threads here and elsewhere on the subject, and like the idea of reliablity and fuel mileage. I think I would rather buy a complete running/driving donor and sell off the extra parts to help reduce some of the cost of the motor/trans/harnesses/ect. That way I would know that everything worked together instead of getting parts from different donors and running into problems mismatching parts. Regaurding the DBW and DBC, is one any easier than the other to swap over into a C10? I am trying to put a parts list together on the extra stuff I will need and have tons more questions, but I'll do some more resurce.
LQ9/4L80 swap (SOLD)
Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #2
ls1nova71

Re: Thinking of a LS swap in my 86 C10

DBC would technically be easier just because you already have the cable pedal in your truck and will just have to change the cable, but DBW really isnt all that hard either and the newer (and generally lower mile) engines are going to be DBW, so if miles matter to you that is a factor. Cruise control is easier with DBW if you would be wanting that. It's kind of a push either way really.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote